Error: Can’t assign permission set Advanced Approvals to User Tiffany Devlin-Drye. This permission set contains an object that requires a license. Before continuing, assign the user to the related permission set license.
Ouch. Did you install Advanced Approvals (or another package that requires a permission set license)? Then Salesforce provisioned your licenses? Maybe you went to Company Information in your sandbox and clicked the ”Match Production Licenses” button? It worked! But it really didn’t…
You’re trying to assign a permission set to a user for a package that requires a permission set license but you have the license and assigned it properly already. And it’s giving you this error anyways. WHAT GIVES?!
You may have also tried:
- Making a custom permission set with one single object permission
- Running post install CPQ scripts (THIS SHOULD FIX EVERYTHING DAMMIT.)
- Confirmed license counts in both environments
- Ensured the licenses are active
- Assigning to a different user
- Compared the permission set to what you already have access to
Solution: Uninstall the package. Install the package. Licenses and permission sets will work properly.
This error happens because the package was installed before the licenses were provisioned.
Reinstall it. Move on. 🙂
Here is a link to the knowledge article about it.
Thanks a ton to Tiffany (@ mentioned above) for enduring this issue and finding the resolution! Hey Tiff. 👋🏻 🙂