It looks like there is a need for some guidance here. Sorry I have been dormant for the last while. Busy busy with CPQ configurations and a growing company! 😀
As far as CPQ Self Service goes: This is not out of the box and when this link references Self Service with a Customer Community, it means that you can display your CPQ interface in a Customer Community. That is it. There’s no other special “Customer Only” interface that is nice and looks like a shopping cart you’d see on a website somewhere.
- Create Visual Force Page for entering in their contact information. We did it on the Lead and put a Lead reference on the SBQQ_Quote.
- On Save (in APEX controller for VF Page), Create Lead, Create Quote, attach Quote to Lead, forward user to Line Editor for that Quote.
- Remove all Custom Actions from the Line Editor.
- Create Visual Force Page to navigate to after they’ve saved their Quote.
- Create a Custom Action as a Save button that saves the Quote, generates the Outgoing Document, and then forwards the user to the above VF Page (all of this is APEX).
- Make sure your VF Page has a link to the Outgoing Document generated above so the user can download it.
- We also did things like:
- On Lead creation, assign it to a “Web Quotes” Queue so reps can follow up.
- On Lead conversion, assign the created Opportunity to the Quote (attached to the Lead), make the Quote Primary, etc.